Herspiral Sig Photo

Herspiral Sig Photo

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MIKSANG SPRING 07 SCHEDULE

Hello current, former and future Miksang students,

This spring we are going to try something new: a
weekly class, for five weeks (this is how they do it
in Toronto, with the core group), to give you all a
chance to practice in between classes a bit more. If
you have taken it before, but would like a more
in-depth visit to Miksang land, please consider
re-taking, and we'll cut you a discount. If the time
of the class doesn't work, tell me, so I can schedule
a different time over the summer.

1. Reviews
2. Class in Madison and Milwaukee
3. Summer class/retreat

1. Firstly, we have been doing monthly reviews in
Madison, and we'll continue with those. Milwaukee folk
are welcome to come! The reviews aren't a particular
assignment - you can go out and shoot what you have
already learned, then bring in your pictures and have
a review with me. I ask for a 5-10$ donation (sliding
scale) for the reviews. In Madison, they are held at
the Aha! Center, 217 S. Baldwin (just one block down
from the Shambhala Center, on the same street).
Dates for the next reviews:
2/21, Wed, 6-8pm
3/14, Wed, 6-8pm
PLEASE RSVP FOR THE REVIEWS, as even though they
aren't classes, persay, it helps to know how many
folks to expect.

I also hope to get reviews going in Milwaukee over the
summer. If anyone from Milwaukee has feedback on a
good night to do it, please let me know.

2. The weekly class will be offered in both Madison
and Milwaukee. The following are the dates. If you are
new to Miksang and not a member of a Shambhala Center,
the cost is 80$. For those repeating, it's 40$. For
those who are members it's 60$. If cost is an issue
for anyone, please let me know. We don't turn away
folks just because they cannot pay.
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

Madison: Wed 3/21, then skip a week, then 4/4, 4/11,
4/18 and 4/25 (all four Wed in April), 6-9pm.

Milwaukee: all 5 Wed in May: 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23,
5/30.

3. Finally, I will be gone the month of June, but I am
looking to do a summer class both in Madison and
Milwaukee. If folks have different night preferences,
or days for that matter, please let me know. The
classes will be in July and/or August. Also, for early
fall, I am hoping to do a Level 2 retreat at our
Midwest Retreat Center (Windhorse), so we can all get
out and enjoy space in nature. I will keep you posted
on this. Those who have taken 1 and 2 before can go on
the retreat.

I am opening these classes first to students who have
expressed previous interest. Please get back to me on
whether you'd like to take the classes, and in a week
or so I will open registration to the "general
public". Also, if friends or family are potentially
interested, please let them know to ask questions or
register now.

When registering, please specify if you are
registering for Madison or Milwaukee.

Yours in the Miksang Dharma,
Miriam Hall

No comments: